Adidas Yeezy Boost is the official collaboration sneaker by Kanye West and Adidas. The Adidas Yeezy 750 Boost "Light Brown" was the first sneaker to release from this collaboration on February 23, 2015. The second shoe to release was the Adidas Yeezy Boost 350 "Turtle Dove". "Yeezy Season 1" was the first apparel collection to release from this collaboration. It was officially released on October 29, 2015. The Adidas Yeezy 950 Boost was also part of this collection and it was released in four different colorways. The name "Boost" refers to a material used by Adidas.
Kanye West originally designed a shoe for Adidas in 2006, but it was never released. The first brand to officially collaborate with Kanye West and have a shoe line was Nike. This collaboration lasted for five years and a total of three (was actually two silhouettes, Yeezy 1 and the Yeezy 2) sneaker styles were released. In 2013, after the release of the "Red Octobers" Kanye West left Nike. Kanye West wanted Nike to grant him royalties, but they denied his request. Kanye West reached out to Adidas and they agreed to give him royalties. A year after the confirmation of the Adidas and Kanye West collaboration. In February 2015 the collaboration officially debuted. "Yeezy Season 1" had been highly anticipated and celebrities such as Rihanna, Diddy, and Kim Kardashian were at the showing.
"Yeezy Season 1" officially released on October 29, 2015. This collection was noted for its stripped down, ready-to-wear style, which drew on military clothing and flesh-toned colors. Prices ranged from $600 sweatpants to $3,000 jackets. Although, the footwear sold out quickly, the apparel collection did not. West revealed in a 2018 interview that he was in talks with Louis Vuitton for a $30 million apparel deal. The deal was not approved by the LVMH board and West was left with no clothing partners. After the "Yeezy Season 1" show, Adidas announced they would no longer be a part of Yeezy apparel. Instead, they will only be collaborating on footwear.With Yeezy Season 6, we are introduced to several articles of clothing with adidas branding.
As of December, 2017, a total of 19 colorways and 6 designs have been released between the Adidas and Yeezy collaboration. Through a combination of factors including popularization by celebrities, Adidas Yeezy sneakers have come to be extremely influential and highly coveted. Since he left social media in 2017, a group name called YEEZY MAFIA started to leak and announce anything YEEZY months before official announcement, there has been some controversy around this group while some even thought that it was Kanye behind this account.
Yeezy Boost 750
On December 3, 2013, Adidas confirmed a new shoe collaboration deal with West. On February 8, 2015, the name and design for the Kanye West and Adidas collaboration shoe was revealed. On February 10 Adidas revealed posters of the Yeezy Boost 750 "Light Brown" all throughout their flagship stores. The Yeezy boost 750 "Light Brown" was initially released on February 14, 2015, exclusively for those who confirmed a reservation through the Adidas mobile app. This initial release of the Adidas Yeezy Boost 750 "Light Brown" was limited to 9000 pairs to be available only in New York City via the Adidas smartphone app; the Adidas Yeezy Boosts were sold out within 10 minutes. Between February 21 and February 28 the Yeezy Boost 750 "Light Brown" was available through a wider range of retailers and boutiques. The shoe retailed for $350.
On June 11, 2016, Yeezy Season 2 began with the second set of releases of the Yeezy Boost 750 "Glow in the Dark". The shoe was sold in an all-grey color scheme with a phosphorescent (glow-in-the-dark) gum outsole. This was the first time a glow-in-the-dark sole has been featured since the [Nike Air Yeezy] line. The shoe features improved materials such as higher quality suede and leather. Like the previous 750s, this was sold for a retail price of $350.
The next Yeezy Boost 750 featured a brown suede and leather upper with the same fluorescent sole as the previous model. This colorway was dubbed "Chocolate" and retailed for $350 like all previous 750 models. There have been no further releases of the sneaker.
Yeezy Boost 350
On June 27, 2015, the second shoe from the collaboration, the Yeezy Boost 350 was made available through a worldwide release. The shoe was first released in a white and grey "Turtle Dove" Color scheme. On August 22, 2015, an all-black version of the Yeezy Boost 350 released, known as the "Pirate Black." An olivine variant, the "Moonrock," was released exclusively to stores who were vendors for the Yeezy Season 1 clothing line. The fourth and final version of Season 1's 350 Boost was the "Oxford Tan," which featured a light-brown color scheme. In early 2016, a revised version of the Pirate Black colorway was released. Revisions included additional support and padding to the heel. However, both iterations are relatively identical in appearance. All variants of the shoe retailed for $200.
On August 27, 2016, the Yeezy Boost 350 re-released in infant sizes. The shoe was released in the "Turtle Dove" and "Pirate Black" color scheme. There have been no further releases or restocks of the sneaker.
The Yeezy 950 was first released on October 29, 2015 at select retail stores and online. It was part of the Yeezy season 1 collection and came in three different colorways: Peyote, Moonrock, Chocolate, and Pirate black. Each shoe was retailed at $585 USD. "The Adidas Yeezy 950 extended the Kanye West and Adidas partnership outside of the sneaker space with its military duckboot inspired design." There have been no further releases of the sneaker.
Yeezy 350 Cleat
The Adidas Yeezy 350 Football Boost "Turtle dove" colorway was originally released on September 15, 2016. The Yeezy 350 cleat "Turtle Dove" is the first athletic footwear product from the Adidas and Yeezy collaboration. "The shoe took the overall look and feel of the adidas Yeezy Boost 350 however they installed a Primeknit upper reinforced with SprintSkin sitting on a 5-star cleat frame." The cleat was designed for football and it had made its first appearance in a 2016 NFL kickoff game. Texans wide receiver DeAndre Hopkins was fined $6,000 for wearing the cleats because they broke the NFL uniform policy by not having a solid base color.
There have been no further releases of this cleat.
Yeezy Boost 350 V2
The Yeezy Boost 350 V2 "Beluga" was revealed at the Yeezy Season 3 show and was released on September 24, 2016. It is considered a remake of the previous Yeezy Boost 350 and features several outer changes, such as a different pattern, removed heel tab, and a large stripe running around the outer side of the shoe with the characters "SPLY-350". The sole also has been updated to be transparent and features full-length visibility of the boost material midsole through a grid-pattern opening on the outsole. September 24, 2016, was the release date of the Yeezy Boost V2 "Beluga". It featured an all Grey outsole and primeknit, with a large colored orange stripe with the words "SPLY-350". On November 23, 2016, three new colorways released, "Copper", "Green", and "Red", featuring an all black outsole and primeknit, with a large colored stripe with the words "SPLY-350". A Core Black/Core White colorway, dubbed "Oreo", was released December 17, 2016, which also featured a black outsole and prime knit, as well as a white stripe across the shoe.
A notable adaption to the Yeezy Boost 350 V2 line was made when a black and red "Bred" colorway released February 11, 2017. The colorway possesses a "triple black" colorway, with the "SPLY-350" displayed in a red tint. Additionally, it officially became the first to opt out the prominent stripe on previous models. A "Zebra" colorway was released on February 25, 2017 and later restocked online and in various adidas stores and retailers on June 24, 2017. The colorway featured prominent black stripes over a never before seen white overlay, prompting a surge of value and hype from the sneaker community. On April 29, 2017, a long-awaited model labeled as "Cream White" was released to the public. All shoe colorways have been released for a retail price of $220.
Three new colorways of the Yeezy 350 V2 model have surfaced. A "Semi-Frozen Yellow" colorway featuring a bright yellow prime knit upper and unique "gum soles" released on November 18, 2017 in limited quantity. Additionally, a colorway with a strikingly familiar pattern to the first release of the Yeezy 350 V2, dubbed the "Beluga 2.0," released at various retailers in large quantity seven days after the "Semi-Frozen Yellow" on November 25, 2017. It subsequently restocked on the 30th of November. The third colorway, "Blue Tint," was released the 16th of December. All colorways have opted to possess consistent prime knit patterns without a prominent stripe on the sides, however, the iconic "SPLY-350" will still be retained on all three pairs with prices being set at $220.
Several other iterations of the shoe have been rumored to make its return in 2018; featuring one with a displaced "SPLY-350" and a dull grey primeknit pattern, a "Sesame" graphic featuring a gum sole similar to that of the "Semi-Frozen Yellow", and a "Butter" similar to the "Cream White" colorway are all rumored to release in the summer of 2018. All rumors are subject to change.
The Adidas Powerphase "Calabasas-350v2" were released on March 28, 2017. "The retro sneakers are an update of an Adidas trainer from the '80s. They feature a premium white leather upper with perforated striped, green Adidas branding and a red Trefoil logo." A tonal grey colorway released globally on the 9th of December for a retail price of $120  and a "Core Black" colorway releasing shortly after on March 17th 2018.
Yeezy Boost 700
The Adidas Yeezy Boost 700 is the official name for Kanye West's new Adidas Yeezy running shoe. It debuted during the Yeezy Season 5 fashion show in 2017. The shoe released on August 12, 2017 for $300 exclusively via the Yeezy Supply online store. Two colorways of white/gum and black are also expected to release in 2018. The shoe itself has faced large amounts of controversy due to its appearance.
Desert Rat Colorway - This Adidas Yeezy 500 was released in December 2017, as a pre-order with delivery slated for March 2018. It was only available in a Super Moon Yellow colorway, and only available in a bundle with a hoodie and sweat shorts.
Blush Colorway - The Blush color way was the second Yeezy 500 release. It was worn by Kanye West during the NBA All Star Weekend in Los Angeles and sold through online raffle on 2 websites only. The official release of the shoe was scheduled for March 10, 2018, and a re-release on April 14,2018. It was sold online, through retail, and raffle reservation.
- "Adidas Yeezy 750 Boost Light Brown/Carbon White-Light Brown". Sole Collector. Retrieved 2016-07-22.
- "adidas Yeezy Boost 350 "Turtle Dove" | adidas | Sole Collector". Sole Collector. Retrieved 2016-07-22.
- "Kanye West & adidas: How the Collab Happened". Highsnobiety. July 23, 2017. Retrieved 2016-07-22.
- "adidas YEEZY Season 1 Release Date - SneakerNews.com". Sneaker News. October 23, 2015. Retrieved 2017-07-22.
- "The Four Fall Colorways of Kanye West's adidas Yeezy 950 Boot". Sole Collector. Retrieved 2017-07-22.
- "Kanye West & adidas: How the Collab Happened". Highsnobiety. July 23, 2017. Retrieved 2017-07-23.
- "adidas YEEZY Season 1 Release Date". Sneaker News. October 23, 2015. Retrieved 2017-07-25.
- Banks, Tim. "Yeezy Fall 2015 Ready-to-Wear Collection". Vogue. Retrieved March 26, 2016.
- "Kanye West & adidas: How the Collab Happened". Highsnobiety. July 24, 2017. Retrieved 2017-07-24.
- "Kanye West & adidas: How the Collab Happened". Highsnobiety. July 24, 2017. Retrieved 2017-07-24.
- "The Complete Yeezy Price Guide - Adidas Yeezy 350 Boost "Turtledove"". Sole Collector. Retrieved 2017-07-24.
- "Yeezys Are the Most Influential Sneakers of 2016".
- Little, Lyneka (December 4, 2013). "Adidas Confirms New Deal with Kanye West". The Wall Street Journal. Retrieved December 6, 2013.
- "Kanye West's Yeezy 750 Boost Sneakers Restock After Selling Out". bet.com. February 28, 2015.
- Briguglio, Mario. "adidas YEEZY 750 BOOST Online Release Date". Retrieved September 20, 2015.
- "adidas Originals Officially Announces Yeezy Boost 350".
- Briguglio, Mario (February 18, 2016). "Adidas Yeezy 350 Boost "Black" Drops Tomorrow".
- Briguglio, Mario (November 13, 2015). "adidas Yeezy 350 Boost Moonrock Release Date – Sneaker Bar Detroit".
- Briguglio, Mario (December 29, 2015). "Everything You Need to Know About the adidas Yeezy 350 Boost "Oxford Tan"".
- "Here's What the New Yeezy Boost 350 Pretty Much Looks Like".
- Briguglio, Mario. "Adidas Yeezy 350 Boost Low Release Date – Sneaker Bar Detroit". Retrieved September 30, 2015.
- "The Complete Yeezy Price Guide - Adidas Yeezy 350 Boost Infant "Pirate Black"". Sole Collector. Retrieved 2017-07-24.
- "adidas YEEZY 950 Duckboot Price + Release Info". Sneaker News. October 28, 2015. Retrieved 2017-07-19.
- "The Four Fall Colorways of Kanye West's adidas Yeezy 950 Boot". Sole Collector. Retrieved 2017-07-19.
- "Adidas Yeezy 950 | adidas | Sole Collector". Sole Collector. Retrieved 2017-07-24.
- "Adidas Yeezy 350 Football Boot "Turtle Dove"". Sole Collector. Retrieved 2017-07-19.
- "Adidas Yeezy 350 Cleat". Sole Collector. Retrieved 2017-07-24.
- "Texans' Hopkins fined $6K for his Yeezy cleats". ESPN.com. Retrieved 2017-07-24.
- "Adidas Yeezy Boost 350 V2 "Beluga"". Sole Collector. Retrieved 2017-07-25.
- "Adidas YEEZY Boost 350 V2 "Core Black/Red" Release Date Confirmed". Highsnobiety. February 18, 2017. Retrieved February 18, 2017.
- Chris Danforth (February 18, 2017). "Adidas YEEZY Boost 350 V2 "Zebra:" Here's Your Best Look Yet". Highsnobiety. Retrieved February 18, 2017.
- "adidas Yeezy Boost 350 V2 Triple White April 2017". Sneaker News. March 7, 2017. Retrieved March 8, 2017.
- "YEEZY BOOST 350 V2 "Ice Yellow" and "Sesame" Are Releasing in 2018". The PLAYBOOK. Retrieved 2018-03-21.
- "Here's An Up-Close Look At The YEEZY BOOST 350 V2 "Butter"". The PLAYBOOK. Retrieved 2018-03-21.
- "The Complete Yeezy Price Guide - Adidas Yeezy Powerphase "Calabasas"". Sole Collector. Retrieved 2017-07-24.
- Jones, Riley (May 24, 2017). "Kanye West's Calabasas x Adidas Yeezy Powerphase Sneakers Will be Rereleased on June 4". Footwear News. Retrieved 2017-07-24.
- "Adidas Yeezy Boost 700 - Latest Release Info". Sneaker News. Retrieved 2017-10-15.