Designed as a student residential facility, International House is conveniently located on the UNSW lower Kensington campus close to the Anzac Parade and within 5 minutes easy walking distance to public transportation (click here for location map). The College contains more than 160 furnished single study bedrooms. During the summer vacation and mid-year recess, the College may have single rooms available for conference groups and casual guests (minimum age 16 years).
|Summer accommodation fees for Non-Current Residents (2016 – 2017). Rates are subject to change.|
|Full Summer (23 Nov 2016 to 11 Feb 2017)||$2,835 ($35/night)||11 November 2016|
|Part Summer(Minimum of 6 consecutive wks)||$1,680 ($40/night)||Before check-in|
|Casual Rate (Minimum of 5 nights)||$300($60/night)||Before check-in|
- Self-catering during the summer.
- There is a 1% charge for Master/Visa & 1.5% for debit cards.
- Must vacate by 11 February 2017 unless you are a resident of the House for semester 1 2017
- Those staying for the full or part summer must pay a $200 Security Bond.
- Payment method is listed below.
*All prices include GST and rates are subject to change without notice
**Applicable only when the Dining Hall is closed
Facilities in Study Bedroom
Each study bedroom generally comprises the following:
- Single bed with linen (changed weekly) including a towel
- Study desk, lamp, bookshelf and study chair
- Wardrobe and a heater
- Telephone for receiving calls only
- Internet available in rooms and common areas (minimum charge $10)
For more information on rooms & facilities please refer to the Facilities section.
The communal facilities include:
- Single sex bathrooms on each floor
- Lounge and kitchenettes with fridge, stove, and microwave oven on each floor
- Coin-operated washing machines and dryers
- TV room with Foxtel and DVD player
- Recreation room
- Computer room
For further information on rooms & communal facilities please refer to the Facilities section.
Reservation and Payment Method
A minimum stay of five nights with a deposit of one night’s accommodation must be paid in advance before a reservation will be held. For residents staying for the full summer or part summer a $200 security bond is required.
We accept Visa, Master Card, Bank Cheque, Australian Money Order and cash. There is a 1% charge for Visa/Master cards and 1.5% for debit cards. To send money from outside Australia, bank drafts will need to be in Australian dollars payable to:
UNSW International House Limited.
To transfer funds electronically you will need the following details. In the “Description” field, type your surname and first name. This will identify you on our bank statement:
Bank Name: Commonwealth Bank Australia
Account Name: UNSW International House Limited
B.S.B. Number: 062-303
Account Number: 2804 4238
Swift Code: CTBAAU2S
You may Check-in after 2.00pm, and Check-out time is 10:00am.
All reservations are to be guaranteed by credit card or deposit within seven days of booking. All cancellations charged at one-night accommodation rate.
For further information please contact the International House Office.
All rates/charges above are subject to change.